Friday, January 8, 2010

Sophie


This is Sophie's dad, Starlight's Wrangler. The guy has some dominate genes. Check out those white socks! Pretty much all of his offspring look exactly like him, including Sophie.






I've been waiting for a nice day to take some cool outdoor photos of Sophie but the wind has been ripping through the Gorge for what seems like forever. I finally braved the weather and got a couple outside shots. More to come.
Sophie is an awesome horse. She's a cool color (she's bay) and has flashy white socks. Not only is she pretty but she's smart! She's perceptive, learns quickly and has taught me a lot about training slowly and with a purpose. I always know when I'm confusing her, she's teaching me probably more than I'm teaching her.
Sophie is also the friendliest horse I've ever owned. She actually likes to be groomed, she's always curious about what people are doing and whether they have anything for her to eat, and she wants to be friends with every other horse she meets. Her favorite pasture pal is a three yr. old mare, Roxy. It's a nice treat to have a horse who has some social skills. Nic's not the most social horse and could take or leave human interaction.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Matt, Colleen, McKenzie and Ben said...

I can see why you bought her - she's beautiful! I showed McKenzie her picture on my phone - she loved it!

S and J said...

McKenzie is going to be horse crazy! Start saving your money now.

Gina Lillie said...

Wow Sarah, she really is pretty. And, it's nice to get a little affection from our animals too.