Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Doggone Christmas

Gretta
Bailey- the obsessive retriever

Shuksan


Bruno- Rosie the Border Collie in the background
Jarred's sister, Jenese and I are suckers for dogs. I'll take a dog over a baby any day and Jenese is the first to admit that she will too, even though she has her own pink bundle of joy. Jenese has two BIG dogs- Bruno, a German Shephard and Bailey, a Newfoundland mix. Gretta spent some time with Bruno when Jenese and David first got him, as his social skills were less than desirable and Gretta will play with just about anyone. Jenese and I like to get the dogs toys at Christmas. This Christmas I found a big box of sturdy rope toys at Costco and Jenese brought an equally large bag of flavored bones. The bones were a hit but caused a bit of a ruckus as no one wanted to share their bone and most wanted to bury their bone for safe keeping. They rope toys were more of a hit and everyone except Bruno and Rosie spent some quality time attempting to destroy the toys. I think the 10 people and three kids were a bit much for Bruno and Rosie spent her day circling the living room making sure that we were all herded into the right location.



1 comment:

chumly said...

I get my granddaughters pet, a poodle named princess, a toy for Christmas. I like that idea and it makes for a really special time for them.