Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

While Jarred generally has an obsessive personality, I do not. I consider myself more anal than obsessive. I do, however, believe that his biking obsession has worn off on me. If I wasn't biking this summer I was riding my horses (my obsession) and I think I biked more than I rode this summer. I thought the biking would taper off once school started but as the weather was great, we were allowed to continue to fuel our obsession. After the Mt. Hood Epic, I took a weekend off to get my horse show fix and then we were back on the bikes headed up to Seattle to take a skills class with Simon Lawton, owner of Fluidride. Simon is one of those gifted individuals who can not only ride like a pro (he is actually a pro) but he can teach those who ride like mortals, to ride like pros. He really knows how to teach the fundamentals of going up and downhill faster and more efficiently. After leaving Simon's class we just had to try out our skills the following weekend at Black Rock. Black Rock is a downhill skills park. I have decided I am not a downhill rider. Jumping scares me but I do love going fast. Part of Black Rock was scary and I had no interest in trying to see how high I could jump but another part of Black Rock was like one big roller coaster ride where the rider could hone in on new skills and build confidence. We all got our fill of adrenaline and good times at Black Rock.

The above photo is Jarred, Aaron and Cage on a teeter-totter. It took a number of tries (and some balls) for them to stay on the teeter through the whole ride.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: